Thursday, July 19, 2012

I have been drawing too, you know

And the good news is that they look like human beings. The first one is supposed to be Audrey Hepburn. There's this pretty famous photo of her that I like a lot, which gave me the idea to try some charcoal practice. In this one I sketched her head and face, realized her nose was too big (although according to initial measurements it was right), fixed her up some more, and started shading using one of my recently purchased "Willow Charcoal" sticks. In retrospect the nose is still too big, and the head should be shorter overall. I do like the shading for the most part. The blacks are way more black than I've been able to get with the 8B pencil, so I think once I'm combining charcoal, conté, pencils and I can make some cool stuff.



The next one is supposed to be Monica Bellucci, one of my adolescent crushes. Someone shrank her mouth. I don't know - must've been aliens or something.


She's very good in Maléna, and here's the trailer.



In other news I picked up the Danish version of Draw Like Da Vinci. It's not as in-depth as I'd like, but I'm sure I'll learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment