Sunday, July 15, 2012

Climbing the mountain #2

I haven't yet decided how I'm going to structure these updates, because the bulk of them won't be very exciting, pretty, or probably even educational. Contour and gesture drawings are good things for an artist to practice, but it's not something I plan on showing off to my guests. Still though, there's a possibility that some of you readers are considering following the same course, and are curious in the development of the "scribbles". Because of that I think I'll include some that are representative of the progress, and focus on the supplementary things that I draw.

Today was the first day of gestures, and I did 70 using posemaniac's 30 second pose page. The author wants the student to use a nude model as often as possible. Unfortunately that's very difficult to come by, so I will be using a mixture of that page, drawing people on TV, people outside, and so on.




Looking at other people's progress in doing this book it seems like the very quick gesture drawings don't change all that much, but the ones where they have more time do change quite a bit. It's a lot about trying to feel the pose, and to translate that with regards to energy, weight balance, and so on.

Without further ado, here's something to look at.

TNWTD statistics so far:
Total time from start to finish: 375 hours / 15 days and 15 hours
Time spent drawing: 6 hours

Contour drawings: 18
Gesture drawings: 70

Percentage: 1.6%
Times considered quitting: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment