Monday, June 18, 2012

Humble beginnings

As of a few years ago I've started trying to get better at things I'm bad at. I don't like the mentality of "oh, I'm just not good at ...", and in many cases it's a matter of just putting in some work. One of the things I'm good at is learning new things, though until my early twenties that was mostly typical left-brain activities like computers, math, gaming, and so on. Growing up I didn't REALLY play any instruments, dance, or sing, as they seemed like diversions. I still don't sing particularly well, but I now play (and teach) instruments and can dance with just about anyone.

My next project is learning to draw decently. Like many I've considered myself to be one of those "oh I just can't draw to save my life", but I'm now going to get that handled.

The neat thing about a hobby like this is that it's easy to document. I doubt many will find much interest in this blog, but if anything it'll document my own progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment