Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Drawing on the right side of the brain

Started on the book on drawing using the right side of the brain. I'm disengaging the nerdy left side and trying to engage the creative right side by doing tasks that the left suck at, such as judging things that are upside down. I'm now to copy this guy without thinking "and now for the leg", "now for the lapel" etc, instead thinking of interconnected lines and curves. I'll keep you updated on how it good.



Update 1:


Well I kind of ran out of space, so the head ended up looking mangled as usual. Still, this looks way better than it probably would have had I attempted to draw it in the normal orientation. With that out of the way the book wants me to do two other ones.


Also kind of happy with this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment